- What is the weight of the product?
The weight of the UVC Box is approx. 15 kg’s.
- What is the size of the product?
The box has an external dimension of Approx. 480 LX 390W X 420 ht mm, whereas the usable dimension is approx.. 420L X 285W X 270ht mm.
- What is the electrical consumption of the product? Does it come with a timer?
The UVC Box comes with 4 X 11W UVC lamps. We have two models, one with an in-built timer & one without timer.
- What type of socket is needed to use it? Can I use it in home or do I need any special arrangement?
No special arrangement or electrical accessory is required. You can plug it into any normal electrical socket of 230V & 5A which can be easily found at home & office. Use the UVC Box in a well-ventilated area.
- What is the life of UV light / lamp provided?
The life of UV lamps is approx. 6000 hours. However, the life of UV lamps like any other electrical appliance depends on its usage.
- What is the warranty on the product?
The warranty on steel structure is 1 year. However, there is no warranty on any electrical items/lights.
- Do I need any precaution or gear before dealing with this product / UV lamps?
Yes. As UV-C is harmful to human skin and eyes, one should always keep themselves covered before dealing with it. For UV box, you should wear full sleeved shirt and pants. Ensure you also wear proper shoes for electrical safety. No light should fall on any body part directly or indirectly.
Don’t expose any bare skin to UV light & don’t look into it. Additional PPE is advised based on usage. Do not stare into the UVC Light. Keep away from Children.
- How to use the UVC Box? How does it work or disinfect? How much time needed to disinfect a surface?
Put items like wallet, mobile phone, laptop, helmet etc. inside the box and close it properly. The lights get switched on automatically. Based on surface and no. of items disinfection time can be planned between 5-10 minutes. Based on various international studies, UV-C is known to be very effective for killing bacteria & viruses including SARS COV 1 which is known to have similar structure & properties of Covid-19 virus. As in many cases, single technology solution to dis-infect is unlikely to be ideal. However since UVC is so simple and energy effective, it is perhaps wise to consider this option first.
- What if the UV-C lamp break during usage / handling?
If any lamp breaks, immediately open the windows of the room you are in and dispose the broken lamps (wearing proper gloves & mask) by strictly abiding to government disposal norms properly sealed in a plastic bag similar to how you would dispose other tube lights.
- How to replace any broken or damaged lamp? Where will I get a replacement for broken or damaged lamp?
In any case of broken or damaged lamp, the same can be purchased from us as spare.
- What all items can be disinfected with UVC light?
Majority of personal items like wallet, mobile phone, laptop, helmet, courier boxes, envelopes, jewellery, credit card, currency, etc. can be disinfected. However, we should avoid any thin plastic items.
• Use UVC Box in a well-ventilated area.
• Avoid any direct / indirect exposure of UVC light to human body.