- What is the weight of the product?
The weight of the main unit is 1.5 kg. (Wire & ballast weight is extra).
- What is the electrical consumption of the product?
The UVC Blade comes with 2 X 11W UVC lamp.
- What type of socket is needed to use it? Can I use it in home or do I need any special arrangement? Does it run on battery?
No special arrangement or electrical accessory is required. You can plug it into any normal electrical socket of 230V & 5A which can be easily found at home & office. Use the UVC Blade in a well-ventilated area. It does not have a battery, it is a wired device.
- What is the life of UV light / lamp provided?
The life of UV lamps is approx. 6000 hours. However, the life of UV lamps like any other electrical appliance depends on its usage.
- What is the warranty on the product?
The warranty on steel structure is 1 year. However, there is no warranty on any electrical items/lights.
- Do I need to take any precaution or wear protective gear before dealing with this product / UV lamps?
Yes. As UV-C is harmful to human skin and eyes, one should always keep themselves covered before dealing with it. For UV blade, you should wear full sleeved shirt and pants along with the protective glove and goggles provided. Ensure you also wear proper shoes for electrical safety. No light should fall on any body part directly or indirectly.
Note: Don’t expose any bare skin to UV light & don’t look into it. UV resistant goggles & protective glove is a must before using the product. Additional PPE is advised based on usage. Do not stare into the UVC Light. Keep away from Children. Use the UVC Blade in a well-ventilated area.
- How to use the UVC blade? / How does it work or disinfect? / How much time needed to disinfect a surface?
Move the lamp at a height of 50 mm over the article to disinfect. Based on surface, good amount of disinfection will happen in 40-90 seconds.
Based on various international studies, UV-C is known to be very effective for killing bacteria & viruses including SARS COV 1 which is known to have similar structure & properties of Covid-19 virus. As in many cases, single technology solution to dis-infect is unlikely to be ideal. However since UVC is so simple and energy effective, it is perhaps wise to consider this option first.
- What if the UV-C lamp breaks during usage / handling?
If any lamp breaks, immediately open the windows of the room you are in and dispose the broken lamps (wearing proper gloves & mask) by strictly abiding to government disposal norms properly sealed in a plastic bag similar to how you would dispose other tube lights.
- How to replace any broken or damaged lamp? Where will I get a replacement for broken or damaged lamp?
In any case of broken or damaged lamp, the same can be purchased from us as spare.
- What all items can be disinfected with UVC light?
Majority of personal items like wallet, mobile phone, laptop, helmet, courier boxes, envelopes, jewellery, credit card, currency, etc. can be disinfected. However, we should avoid any type of edible items & thin plastic items.
• Use UVC Blade in a well-ventilated area.
• Avoid any direct / indirect exposure of UVC light to human body.